Pulmonary rehabilitation program
What is pulmonary rehabilitation?
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a service designed for those with lung problems such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer and lung cancer surgery
- Lung volume reduction
Pulmonary rehabilitation includes exercise classes and education about your lung disease or condition. PR may help you participate in activities with less shortness of breath, as well as teach you how to live better by managing your lung condition.
What are the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation? Pulmonary rehabilitation helps you improve your quality of life. Although PR can’t cure your lung disease, it can make breathing easier and allow you to be more active.
- A decrease in the symptoms of your disease or condition
- An improvement in your ability to function in daily life
- An increase in your ability to exercise
- A decrease in your symptoms of anxiety and depression and improvement in your ability to manage them
- The ability to make the most of the lung function you have
Citadel of Bourbonnais state-of-the-art facility
- Active medical director physician monitoring
- Full time respiratory therapist
- Medical fitness equipment designed for low joint stress in both seated and standing positions with adjustable arm ergometers to work shoulders and back
- Oxygen available as needed
What does the program include?
Monitored and supervised exercise A physical activity plan is tailored to your needs. Exercise will help improve your endurance and muscle strength so you’re better able to carry out daily activities. Your program is physician-led with expert guidance from respiratory therapists, registered nurses and exercise specialists.